Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tasting - Adrian Fog Pinot Noir

Name: Andrian Fog Oppenlander Vineyard Mendocino County Pinot Noir
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Mendocino County, California
Country: USA
Year: 2007
Price: $75

Winery review: This big, powerful Pinot Noir needs some time to resolve its contradictions. It’s totally dry, with silky tannins and fine coastal acidity, but there’s a heavy density to the cherry, orange zest, spice and sandalwood flavors. A classic example of an ageworthy Pinot Noir, it should come into its own by 2013. S.H.  (8/1/2010)  — 90

Wine Folly: pg 150 Pinot Noir in general - I get the cherry, and the light body. I didn't get any mushroom or clove. Also didn't decant the 30 minutes they recommended, maybe I'll try that in the future!
pg 289 Oregon Pinot Noir, mentions red berry aroma, and light body, juicy, and a little spice. I can also find a little vanilla which is mentioned.

My review: Delicious! Cherries, cassis and black pepper on the palate with a nice light earthiness. Smooth with good tannin structure. I think its a little lighter than they mention above - doesn't punch you in the mouth too much. Good balance as well. I would definitely drink this again!

I tasted this on its own with no food.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. https://wevino.store/

    ReplyDelete